Security Deposit Assistance Program
Security Deposit assistance is available to very low income households on a first-come, first-served basis.
What to know before requesting an appointment
- You will need to meet with SHA staff in person for an intake appointment.
- The unit you want to move into must pass a Housing Quality Standards inspection.
- You must not already be living in the unit for which you are requesting assistance.
- The unit must be in the Salem or Keizer city limits. Click here for a map.
- Processing time to receive the security deposit assistance is estimated to be 2 weeks.
- Your household must pay a minimum of $50 per month toward rent and utilities.
- Security deposit assistance is limited to the amount equal to 1 month of rent.
- Your household's GROSS annual income must be under the Section 8 income limit:
- Before coming to the appointment, you will need to arrange to pick up or receive an application packet, and it must be filled out completely by the appointment time.